Sunday, March 2, 2014

Take an old frame....


I found this frame on someone's front lawn ready for the local council cleanup collection and rescued it thinking I could use it one day.  It was just the frame, no backing, some of the ornate plaster work was chipped, but I thought with a little bit of work, I could make a rustic looking frame.  I didn't have to do much with it, just dusted it off. It was already painted silver, so I just touched up some of the areas which were scratched and added the backing board which I made using some cardboard from some Ikea packaging cut to size. I crumpled up some white tissue paper and then straightened it back out before glueing the tissue paper to the cardboard and gave it an extra coat of white paint. It turned out better than I had hoped for.
Then added some coloured banners, cards, felted balls and I had a very colourful display which I hung up for my Stampin' Up! workshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment