Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Chinese Wedding Card

I got commissioned to make a Chinese Wedding Card last year, but never got around to posting the finished work.

So what is more Chinese than red packets, with gold embossing. I cut up some red packets which we have for all occasions. The characters on the front and back are double happiness symbols, synonymous with weddings. I used red cardstock as my base and some shiny patterned paper to contrast. Added some heart brads and a white bow to embellish.
The middle of the card front and back can spin. Made by cutting out the diamond shapes and using dental floss (or very narrow string) positioned just so.
Since the Chinese New Year is coming up next week, I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year - "Kung Hei Fat Choy"

No comments:

Post a Comment