Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Club SUM Workshop 27 January 2015

Tuesday 27 January

My first workshop of the year, I decided to make a card which I had seen demonstrated by Teneale Williams at the Party Time event.  The balloon swings like a pendulum via a mechanism hidden behind the front panel.  So simple, yet effective.

Materials Used from the 2015 Occasions Catalogue:
Celebrate Today stamp set
Butterfly Basics stamp set
Balloon Framelits Die
Cardstock
Dimensionals
The picture below shows the mechanism, which is virtually a folded piece of cardstock and a coin or heavy weight.
My other project used the following from the 2015 Occasions Catalogue:
Butterfly Basics stamp set
Butterflies Thinlits Dies
Painted Blooms DSP

Tip:  A trick I learnt at the Party Time event, use a dryer sheet with your dies to stop the paper getting stuck in your dies, they will stick to the dryer sheet instead. I found baking paper is also great, if you don't have any dryer sheets and you get a die cut that is translucent like vellum which you can use in other projects. Position the baking paper between the die and the cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment